Saturday 8 September 2012

Letter 18 Wednesday, 30 November 2011, 8:21

NAME. Thanks for your prompt reply. I spoke you. I have no with myself phone. I have left him to mum. In Money Gram to me that did not speak about phone. I think you will not ask him. NAME, I have no with myself a photo. I hope all will be fast well. I wish to see more likely you in a reality. You will go to what time in Money Gram. Now time in Moscow 11:20. Elena,


Elena replied to Letter 17 quickly. Elena's level of English appears to have deteriorated. Her excuse for not not suppling her telephone number is because her mum has the phone. She could still provide her telephone number without carrying the physical phone. I reply to Elena with:

Hi Elena,
I will go in 1 hours time to the Post Office, as that is where my local MoneyGram is located. I hope that the post office will be open, as I just switched on the television, and 2 million public sector workers are going on a 24 hour strike today. That means no buses, hospitals, schools, government offices, and I think this will include post officies. This type of strike action is very uncommon here in the UK, and could not have come at a worst time for me and you.

You can read all about the strike here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15953806

Of all the times in the world for a strike to happen ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment